Foot orthotics are a customized, simple solution to ensure proper alignment of your feet and ankles.
Our feet are some of the most important features in our bodies. They hold us upright and enable us to move, run, jump and play. More importantly, however, how our feet move affects nearly every other joint in our bodies. If your feet aren’t properly supported or are pronating to one side or the other, this miniscule change can cause a misalignment in not only your feet, but also in your knees, which affect your hips, which can affect your back, and so forth. If you find yourself experiencing pain in your feet or lower joints, one of the best ways to alleviate it is to come see us at Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic for information about foot orthotics.
Foot orthotics can help people of any age, but they usually become more of a necessity as we get older. As we age, our feet can change. Even something like pregnancy can actually change the shape or structure of our feet and the muscles and tendons. Foot orthotics from Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic can help support your feet in a way that aligns everything correctly. This means that your kinetic chain all the way up can be aligned properly, leaving you pain-free.
What Can Foot Orthotics Help With?
At Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic in Collingwood, Ontario, we often get asked just how many concerns foot orthotics can help with. It might surprise you to learn that because of the wide number of benefits involved, people of any age can find foot orthotics to be helpful. Here are a few of the reasons why you should reach out to us to learn more about foot orthotics:
- Reduce Pain– There are many different types of pain that foot orthotics can help with because so many problems originate with your feet.
- Correct Gait– If you have noticed that part of the sole of your shoes wears out faster than another part, it could be an indication that you have an abnormal walking pattern. Foot orthotics can resolve that problem.
- Provide Improved Foot Alignment– From your head to your toes, there is a certain balance involved, and any misalignment can have an effect on your overall health and wellness. A small alignment issue in your feet can result in back pain and other conditions.
- Foot Deformity Prevention– Foot orthotics can not only keep a foot deformity from worsening, but also prevent one from developing in the first place.
- Improve Foot and Lower Extremity Mechanics– With each step, your feet and lower extremities must work together smoothly, and foot orthotics can make that the case by overcoming hinderances to the mechanics of a proper gait.
- Reduce Pressure– If you often get sores on your feet when walking or running for extended periods, that is because of undue pressure on that area of your foot. Custom orthotics can relieve pressure on a certain area of the foot to prevent this situation.
Foot orthotics are an easy fix for many foot problems. They can be customized to the nuances of your feet and slip right into your shoes. No matter your age, activity level or current foot issues, we want to help you here at Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic with the right foot orthotics for you. If you have any questions regarding foot orthotics and are in the Collingwood, Ontario area, please give us a call.
At Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic, we create custom foot orthotics for residents of Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Owen Sound, Stayner, Meaford, Thornbury, Creemore, The Blue Mountains, and surrounding areas in Ontario.