Custom orthotics—foot supports that fit inside your regular shoes—are typically prescribed in response to foot or leg pain that occurs when you are active. Here are a few typical conditions that may benefit from the use of these medical devices:
- Heel pain from plantar fasciitis and flat feet
- Leg pain from shin splints
- Arch pain from excessively high arches (cavus foot)
- Forefoot pain (metatarsalgia)
- A special orthotic can correct one leg that is shorter than the other.
- Diabetic ulcers can be protected with orthoses that off load weight from the spot.
- Painful runner’s knee caused by stress of overpronation
It takes an expert to evaluate your feet and legs, your gait problems, and whether or not your particular condition will benefit from orthotics. You’ll find that expertise at Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic in Collingwood, ON. Call us at (705) 444-9929 and we’ll help you find out whether these inserts can help your foot pain. We’re here to help you enjoy your life without pain by helping provide a sound and stable foundation for all your movement.